Friday, March 20, 2009

Socks and Egg rolls....

Did that title lure you in? Good! So, one a.m. this week JP's hurrying to get dressed for work and says "do I have any socks?" My first instinct is to pray, "Lord let me find clean socks!" Then I start seeking the answer to my prayer - clean socks, clean socks and Hallelujah there they are in the dryer. Whew!! My husband is so patient with me and that's one of the reasons I love him so. He knows I'd rather do anything outside than laundry, clean house, or cook. Don't misunderstand, we have clean clothes, a clean place to live (sometimes), and food.....but he knows me and is so great to help. My second instinct is to be a smart alec and say something smart like "yes you have socks didn't you wear socks yesterday and the day before that and the day before that?" But we won't go into that - sometimes it's just best to suppress the comedian in oneself (like early workday a.m.) :O)

I can do things domestic. Two days ago I made homemade eggrolls. It's so easy. Grate a small head of cabbage, a couple of carrots, some onion and mix it up.
Oh, you get to see my super cool new cow butter dish in the background.
Then I fry a pound of sausage and make sure it's crumbled up really good. While the pan is still warm I add my vegetable mixture and 2-3 Tbs. soy sauce. The veges will wilt a bit but that's good because then they roll much easier and not tear your wraps. All that's left is to wrap them in egg roll wrappers. I have a bowl of water handy to wet the sides and put a small handful of cabbage mixture in and roll it up like a burrito. Can you tell that in one picture I'm holding the camera and rolling the egg roll. See, that's why JP married me. Oh, back to the egg rolls - they freeze well and are so handy for snacks or as a side dish.








Viola,,,egg rolls!

2 comments:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Mrs. JP, funny you wrote a post about socks. JP commented at my blog yesterday that Violet has a socks fetish like my Samantha and she likes to steal your socks and it makes you so mad.

Good job multitasking! I love making egg rolls and wontons. You are right, they are just so handy for snacks or as a side dish.

Bell said...

Oh my goodness! I never thought of MAKING egg rolls and you made it look easy. I've got to do this!

Oh yea---obviously I've found a way to post my comment. Different browser. I don't know why that is. But I may have to stop reading your blog if it's just going to make me hungry all the time. I'm trying to eat less, not more.

Thanks for this week! You're the best!!!!