Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Recently from the kitchen...



Lately we've really been turning out some good eats. Well, we think they are at least. On months with five Sundays, we have lunch at our church on the fifth one. Our smoked, pulled pork and barbecue sauce have become favorites there. My Mom and Dad are always ready to help, so we make a family day of pulling the pork.



Also, JP made some Mexican Chorizo which is dynomite!  We make it into patties (as shown here) or scrambled with eggs to make a breakfast burrito. Also pictured here is our first attempt at making some bacon, which we cured and then smoked with apple wood.  It is also delicious.



Okay, I'm through bragging. We are truly thankful for all we have and I just wanted to share these yummies with you. As always, blessings from the holler...

6 comments:

cowgirl said...

Yum!!! It all looks wonderful! :)

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Yummers, now we are all hungry.

Our human sister's husband smoked some pork and brisket this past weekend, it was really good. We all got a small taste, and Mom and Dad both loved it.

Homecooked is always the best.

Let us know when next Sunday's dinner will be ready - we will all come on down:)

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Cindy said...

Good BBQ is at the top of my list! For that we must go to a good restaurant. How great you can make it yourself. I'm sure the church folk are always looking forward to it. Mighty fine looking bacon and biscuits, too. YUM!

Paula said...

Ooooh~ that first picture looks dee-lish. Let's see- the next 5th Sunday is.... now where is your church again? *grin*

The Life of Riley said...

Thanks for sharing your food - your photos are making me hungry. I had never heard the term "pulled pork" before, so had to Google it! The smoked bacon sounds interesting too.

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

Not only am I getting hungry (even though I'm sitting here eating breakfast) but I am jealous! I have wanted to try making my own sausage for a long time but haven't. How do you make yours? Have you already posted on this?

Everything looks so D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S.!!!!!

I hope you are having a great week!

Blessings~
Laura