Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Out with the Shepherds...


Basically I avoid the out of doors in the heat of the day. The air is so hot and thick it makes breathing hard. I really don't know how athletes train/play in this weather. Maybe that's why they're skinny and I am not. Today, though, Daisy and Charlie gave me the "please mom" look when I came in from filling the hummingbird feeder so I grabbed the camera and braved the heat for a few minutes.



We went to the garden to see what was still out there. I have officially given our garden over to the critters. A few weeks ago all of our ripe tomatoes were picked and eaten by birds of every size. Then, the bunnies moved into the zucchini patch so I let them have it. All I want is the few cherry tomatoes we get for eating salads and fresh pasta and today I snagged a couple of slicing tomatoes. The marigolds are thriving :O)



Daisy and Charlie like to go and salvage any berries or tomatoes they find on the ground. Today, they were ready to go back in soon and they were on the front porch before I could get up the stairs. So, I played the mean momma and made them sit while I took one more picture. I love those two faces to pieces. Now, you all know that I love the other four as well but the Shepherds are king/queen of the front yard.





Blessings to you all from the hot holler...

6 comments:

Carmen S. said...

LOL, nothing beats the shepherd "head tilt", gorgeous dogs!!!! Have a wonderful day:D

Cindy said...

That is too bad about your garden. At least the critters are enjoying some real treats! Love your marigold background. However, the Shepherds are the stars of this post. Once I was afraid of this breed, but now I just love them! You have to understand that they are different and EXTREMELY intelligent. I sure hope you get a break in the heat soon!!

Deborah said...

Hi,
I noticed your back ground! I love the marigolds. They are super pretty!
On vacation it was very HOT and I enjoyed it! In New England, it's not that warm at all..It's nice out but not HOT! Today it felt almost like fall!
Your shepherds are beautiful!!
xxoo
Deborah

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Golden Hello! Passing by to say Lots of Golden Thanks for your Barkday Wishes. I had a PAWSOME 10th Barkday! Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Love your photos ... Happy Weekend. Golden Woofs

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

You can read about the calming collar here:

http://www.entirelypets.com/dapcollar.html

There is also a plugin diffuser and a spray - made by Comfort Zone.

Paula said...

I love the picture with their tongues hanging out, poor things....
We are getting a nice break this week~ hope it's cooler in your neck of the woods, too!