Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Only Chocolate Cake Recipe you'll ever need...


Our grandson is turning 15 this week and I got to make his birthday cake. He is such a good kid and of course, I adore him. Anyway, I looked in the pantry and found no cake mix. Ugh,,,so I poked around on the world wide web and found this chocolate cake recipe.

The Only Chocolate Cake Recipe You'll Ever Need!

Well, I checked the reviews and decided to go for it. After all, it had been a long time since I'd made a cake from scratch. It was a moist and delicious cake. I could have just dusted it with powdered sugar and it would have been enough. I did frost the cake with a chocolate-peanut butter icing recipe I found since the birthday boy loves Reese's cups. I made mine in a bundt pan but you can use this recipe for a sheet cake or layer pans. If you make this cake, have no fear at the thinness of the batter it's supposed to be that way and is probably why it was so moist.

I know you've noticed the candles. My mom has a few numbers and if we don't have what we need we are totally fine with home-made numbers. Maybe that should be one of the "you might be a red-neck" jokes. If your birthday cake has numbers drawn on paper and taped to a candle....your whole family just might be red-necks!

Blessings from the holler yall....

5 comments:

Carmen S. said...

Love the homemade numbers, LOL and Happy Birthday to your grandson!!!! BTW..you do NOT look like you are old enough to have a 15 yr. old grandson;)

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

It sure looks like "melt in your mouth" goodness. That frosting sounds so yummy.

Happy Birthday to your grandson.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

The Life of Riley said...

I love your candles, and I'm sure your grandson loved the cake you made for him. It's weird to see a recipe so close to the cake I've been making for many years in NZ - only the Annabel Langbein recipie I have uses butter, less salt and 3 cups of SR flour (so makes one very large, two cakes or 24 cupcakes all in one go - they freeze well). See http://www.annabel-langbein.com/cooking/recipes/recipe/?id=279&page=1

Cindy said...

I read your recipe and it sounds a lot like the one I posted from King Arthur Flour box---that had coffee, too. AND the batter was very thin. I agree---that's why it is so moist. It's a keeper, for sure. Happy Birthday to your grandson!

Deborah said...

You are too good! I would have run to the store to buy a cake! LOL
xxoo
Deborah