Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Showers of Blessings...

We have had so much rain here recently. It's a blessing really, but I do whine about not being able to be outside and having 24 wet paws bringing all outdoors in for me to see on our floors. Scrappy especially is a trial since she feels her day isn't complete unless she smells like something dead. I think she's had a bath almost everyday for about a week, sometimes more than one a day. As a matter of fact she needs one now. Okay, I'm done complaining and ready to rejoice. My troubles are minute and pale in comparison to the many blessings The Lord has given me. We have love, our health, our family and friends - the list could go on and on. For example, from my bedroom window is a view that truly blesses me. I grabbed the camera and got some pictures of the blessings right outside the window for our post today. I read from Psalm 40 this morning and started the day humbled by the remembrance of just how blessed I am. What a great way to start the day.

Psalm 40

1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.

2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.

4 Blessed is the man
who makes the LORD his trust,
who does not look to the proud,
to those who turn aside to false gods.

5 Many, O LORD my God,
are the wonders you have done.
The things you planned for us
no one can recount to you;
were I to speak and tell of them,
they would be too many to declare.


Painted Daisies











We have a rose bush so full we'll have to prop it up. The Peonies are ready to pop. The Columbine decided to give us two colors this year. So look around and share with us your blessings. That's another thing, we are able to share our blessings. God's richest blessings to you and yours.

2 comments:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Beautiful flowers!
Guess I can't complain that I have to clean 8 dirty paws.

Mrs. JP said...

Hey, YD..sure you can complain about 8 dirty paws...we know you love each and every one. I wouldn't trade any of mine for anything.