Saturday, November 26, 2011
Posted by Mrs. JP
I made a test batch of these and they're so good they're addictive. I did try both the hugs and kisses in my test batch and prefer the hugs :)
You will need:
2 bags of Hershey’s Hugs
1 “Pounder” bag of Pretzel Snaps
Big baking sheet
Waxed paper – for easy removal.
Preheat oven to 300
1. Unwrap Hugs
2. Line baking sheet with waxed paper – if you don’t have waxed, use parchment, but I strongly suggest you use paper just for ease. If you don’t have either, just use a non-stick
3. Lay one pretzel down for every Hug and top each pretzel with a Hug.
4. Pop in the oven for 2 min, just until they are glossy and softish.
5. Remove from oven and let sit for 1 more minute, to continue the softening process.
**This is the only step you can make a mistake on – by laving them in the oven too long they will completely melt and run through the pretzel and all over your sheet and you won’t have a sandwich, just a mess.
6. Now top each hug with another pretzel pushing down gently, so it sticks together.
7. I pop the baking sheet in the fridge for 20-30 min. to cool them off.
You could most certainly let them dry at room temp, it will just take a little longer and trust me, you are going to want to eat these right away!!
Blessings and Pretzel Hugs from the holler...