Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What are you thankful for?...



Last Sunday our pastor asked us that question and suggested we make a list of all our blessings. There are so many things to be thankful for - our Faith in Jesus Christ, our family, health, the country we live in and liberties we've been given, flowers, rainbows, money to buy food...the list should be much longer. There are so many things. What if we had in our life ONLY the things we are thankful for? That makes me think. I take so much for granted but I want to take this time and refocus. Here are a few pictures I gathered of my blessings.

God's Word--what a miracle.



Family...JP is in this one I think. Yall know that I'm thankful for him!



The beautiful scenery we see out any window we look



Sunsets



Our crazy pack



Flowers



I have only scratched the surface of my blessings; these are just a few. So, tell me, what are you thankful for? Thanksgiving blessings to you all from the holler...

4 comments:

Cindy said...

What a blessed life you have in the holler! God's grace has to top my list, followed by my family. We are blessed to live in the USA. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Mrs. JP!

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

Sweet post, my friend! I am thankful that God has already given me 46 years on this earth and that the majority of that time, I have been blessed to have been married to my best friend. I am thankful for my three angel babies that are on loan from our Heavenly Father. I am thankful that one day, I will be reunited with all my loved ones that have gone on before me.

But I am most thankful that I have a Father who loves me UNCONDITIONALLY, with all my faults and failures. THANK YOU, JESUS!

Blessings to you and your family during this Thanksgiving season!

Maxmom said...

Hi there my friend.
What am I grateful for?
...
This moment...and all that it offers. The opportunity of living this moment 'To the Max' and to appreciate it for what it is worth. This moment may well lead to others, but if I don't focus on it, how will I possibly understand the foundation it sets for all the other moments that may follow?
A sweet, thoughtful post by a sweet, thoughtful friend. Thank you for allowing me to enjoy this moment.
Lotsaluv
YOUR FRIEND IN SOUTH AFRICA

Paula said...

Awww.... loved the picture of the "pack"!
I'm thankful for my salvation through Jesus Christ, being with my family one more year, the health I enjoy, my wonderful hubby, Lily-bug and all my other "babies", and for wonderful blogging friends like you who remind me that even though we may be separated by many miles, we all belong to the same family... :)