Monday, January 4, 2010

A Little Cowboy blanket...


My good friend Bell
had her fourth sweet child just before Christmas. I had told her that I wanted to do the crib quilt. She decided on a cowboy theme which I love. Her MIL made the bumper pads and crib skirt which are red (cowboy theme) alternated with black ticking and are so cute. So this is what I came up with. My mom and I went to deliver it today and got to hold him for a little while. He's so cute. You can see his newborn picture on her blog.

Here in middle Tennessee it is officially winter. We're talking cold weather that only Speedbump and Charlie enjoy. Although, you know Scrappy, she's always up for a run. Luckily she's stayed within the perimeter lately. So, the crew will be on the treadmill soon to run out the cabin fever. Charlie and Scrappy both love to get on the treadmill and I have to make time for both of them to have a little run each time I walk. The other day JP was sitting here in the office/treadmill space/sewing room/all misc. junk room and he heard Charlie behind him. He was standing on the treadmill, pawing at it and looking around like "how do you make this thing go"!!

Well, that's the update from the holler. Blessings to you all.

3 comments:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

That is a beautiful quilt! I just love that little cowboy bear, so cute!
That Charlie is so funny! Hopefully one day we'll get to see him "pawing" the treadmill.

Lena said...

You are so talented! That is beautiful and I'm sure she was delighted with the quilt. So nice to have now that we (too) have these freezing cold temperatures.
I too would love to see a picture of your goofball Charlie pawing on the treadmill (or walking, or running). Have a wonderful day!

Sierra Rose said...

Wonderful quilt! We have been enjoying our newest addition to mom's brother and wife, a little baby girl.
Wow! Tredmill...would like to try it with Sierra Rose...tips on easing puppies into using them?

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose and mom