Thursday, February 19, 2009

Please don't take my sunshine away...


You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are gray, you'll never know dear how much I love you, please don't take my sunshine away!



That song was my Grandma's favorite song so it has a very special place in my heart. I think of it when I see our gang loving the sunny spots in their day.

The sunny spots are premium spots in our house, during the winter especially. Corrie even likes to soak up the sun in the summer. Her little black coat just soaks in the heat. I think she has memories of when she was a puppy and it was so cold out in the world for her and Violet before they found their home.


Scrappy loves to be warm and gets so sleepy laying in the sun. Isn't it great to live in the moment as they do? Find a sunny spot, park it, and take a nap! Gotta love it.


Happy days and blessings from the holler.

2 comments:

Bell said...

I always think of your dad when I hear that song. He and I like to sing those OLD songs together (Mike didn't appreciate us singing Pistol Packin' Mama once in the church parking lot) and he always sings that one. He says his mom sang it to him when he was a little boy. Your dad is a sweetie. So are you!

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

My girls do that too! And one thing I won't ever understand is that they like to sleep with their back touching the baseboard heater(with the heater being on!)