Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Babies on parade...

Yesterday was a lovely day in the holler.  It was rainy and the mists hovered between the hills like smoke. Evidently this all made for a perfect day for the animal moms to bring their babies out.  Before JP went to work, I looked out the front window and there were three turkey moms with their chicks feeding in the front yard.  I had never seen this before.  They usually sneak the babes up through the tallest grass they can find and hide them under a spruce tree while they eat.  We haven't been able to get out and mow because it has been raining every day so the grass in the front gets taller and taller, maybe that's why.  So, I got the camera and snapped a picture or 30!  You can hardly see the baby turkeys but here's the best ones.




Later in the afternoon, Charlie gave me his "big boy bark" and I looked out and this baby deer and his mom were in the same spot where the turkeys were.  What a delight watching this young one kicking up his heels like he was in a rodeo!  The momma deer was more guarded and scooted away to the creek when I peeked out the front door with the camera, but you can tell the little one still has his spots. awwww!


So, all that action just made my day.  What a treat to get to see these little darlings.  I hope you enjoy them too.  Blessings from the holler...

5 comments:

The Life of Riley said...

I'm smiling! That baby deer is so cute. It reminds me of reading "Bambi" when I was young.

Sending love to all in the holler,
Riley's mum

Paula said...

WOW!!! Great pictures of the babies! We've seen some hens and one tom, but never lucky enough to see any poults.
And the baby deer is so tiny! *squeal*

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Mom was oohing and aahing about the baby turkeys, but then you should have heard her when Bambi showed up what a little doll.

Thanks for sharing - so sweet.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Maxmom said...

You are so blessed to be surrounded with such beauty.
sending lotsaluv to everyone in the holler.

Beth said...

Hi, Thanks for stopping by and visiting me. It's my pleasure to come back and visit you. I enjoyed seeing your dogs and the deer and turkeys. Looks like you are a true animal lover. I am going to stick around and explore your blog a bit more today. Have a wonderful wknd.
blessings, Beth