Wednesday, February 20, 2013

this and that time of year again...

Doesn't that look good?  JP made it.  Potatoes, onions and jalapenos on the bottom and his home-made Smoked Hunter's sausage on top.  I just had to take a picture because it looked so good.  He's become quite the sausage maker lately.  

This post was to document our annual trip to the vets office.  It takes a week to get all six dogs there and this year the prices have gone up so it's taking a bigger chunk out of the budget but they are worth it and are our responsibility.  Violet doesn't mind it so much and visits with everyone.  She was the morning trip.


Oh, here are some of our neighbors.  These goats refuse to stay in their fence and most everyone slows down to make sure they are safe.  Those baby goats are soooo cute!


Then the afternoon appointment came and it was Corrie's turn.  She shakes and trembles when I cut her nails at home so you know she's a bundle of nerves here.  But, they've had their check-ups, shots and it's all in the past.


 Tomorrow Scrappy and Daisy will have their turn and then Friday will be Speedbump and Charlie.  We will be done for another year!  The last four love to visit to the vet.  They get so much attention and act like we never pet them at home.

I know that each year I take a picture of these buttercups by the creek but I love them.  They are our first sign of spring here in the holler and even though there is more winter yet to come it's just so good to see the color they bring.


Blessings to you all from the holler...

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Well, Hello there, Mrs. JP! Good to hear from you! I've not been blogging much lately (as you can tell)...

Hope you had a nice holiday season.

I had to laugh at the thought of y'all getting all your pups to the vet. It's hard to do two at a time isn't it? I take my two at separate times...

My NZ Kids are home! They moved home back at the end of the summer. They were here for about 2 months and then up and decided Denver was their next move! We are going to see them this weekend.

Can't wait! Thanks for your visit!

Paula said...

Yummy~ I need to get JP's sausage recipe. Hubby loves it but my feeble attempts at making it have been... well... FEEBLE. ;)

Sounds like the vet trips are fun for some, not so much for the others. Lily loves going to the vet~ she doesn't care what they do to her as long as somebody gives her some love. (Which they always do...) However, last time she had her temperature taken, and by the look on her face, she wasn't too thrilled... *haha*

nancy huggins said...

Sausage looks yummy. I know what you mean about trip to vet with multiple dogs. We have 4 but since we live so far we take them all at once and leave two in car and take them in 2 at a time.Bianca cries loud and like a baby if they even hold her paw to cut her nails. She is 9 years old and has never had them cut but no problem because she chews her nails like a kid :)
Ours go this week. Hop on over to my blog and check out my give away..Just leave a comment and you will be entered to win :)
Can't wait to see flowers popping up here soon
Have a great week
Nancy

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

I think I should taste test those sausages JP made. :)
That dish does look good!
Vet visit for all 6 dogs, that's fun! June loves going to the vet.

YD