Friday, December 18, 2009

Today the Circus Went to town...

At least that's what it felt like. Today, I took four of our six to the vets office. Corrie, Violet, Scrappy and Charlie. Maybe I thought our trip was like a circus event because I grew up in Florida where Ringling Bros. call home. Maybe I thought our trip was like a circus because if Charlie gets any taller we'll have to get a car with a sun roof so it was kind of like I had a giraffe with me. We have a garage so I had no trouble loading them up. When I got in the car I had to shove Corrie out of my seat to get in and then I told Charlie to sit, then I told him to sit again looking back at him only to realize that he was sitting and his big head was almost touching the roof of the car. He looked at me like "I am sitting!" So here we go; now we're moving on down the road which Scrappy loves because she was JP's companion when he was a truck driver (thank You Lord that's over). Anyway, she was in her element. Corrie was shaking like a little leaf and panting because she was scared. She is getting better but she gets so anxious about everything (nail clipping, baths, collar on - anything). We kid about her because she's so pitiful saying "she's never gonna eat a green bean again!!" See video below. When we got to the vets office one of the assistants came out and helped me get all four into our room and then I let them take over. All got good reports and we get a wholesale discount because we have so many and our vet is the best ever. They shoved us back in the car, bid us Merry Christmas, and we were on our way home. Now all is quiet, they are exhausted and napping. I'm just glad it's over.



Blessings from the holler!!

4 comments:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Honestly I would like to see a video of you taking the dogs to the vet. It's crazy enough with my two. I actually have to take them both even when the appointment was only for 1 of them. Then I had to pretend to take them out of the car and let them sniff out the compound and quickly put one back in the car. Then I have to listen to the one in the car protesting...

Lena said...

Yeay! Hooray for good grades at the vet's office. I'm lucky to only have to take one dog....I can't imagine bringing four!
Now.....what about the other two? :-)

Mrs. JP said...

Oh, Lena..Speedbump and Daisy went together last month! We do things together around here :O)

Sierra Rose said...

Hi all! Glad the vet visit went well. FUNNY video!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose and mom