Here in the holler we are thankful for so many things!! Just the other day I decided to try to write out all of God's blessings to me. After filling a page I realized that the things I'd listed were only a drop in the bucket. I can't begin to write down how blessed I am. Some that I can remember in this early hour are...
- God's protection and care over me when I ran from Him and rebelled against Him
- His gift of faith and salvation when I had come to the end of myself
- How God changed my life from "never satisfied" to "peace, even in life's storms"
- JP, who loves Him and is my dearest friend this side of heaven - he knows me and still loves me!
- My parents, they taught me to learn from God's word and have always given me unconditional love
- Our son, who loves Him and is true joy - words can't define our love and pride
- Our daughter-in-love, who can place a value on the lovely woman who makes our son happy and who we have loved from the first meeting
- You know I'm thankful for my grandkids - who could not love them?
- Our family who loves us and each other (I'm just finding out how rare that is) I've never know anything but love and acceptance from my family.
- The wonderful country we live in (warts and all). Most of all, the people who have given all to give me this life and liberty.
- The holler with our wonderful home and four legged friends
Thanksgiving psalm 1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.