Saturday, January 2, 2016

We are still in the holler!

I am the worst blogger ever.  One post a year is hardly even a blog at all but I do think of you my friends. I see some of you on Facebook, my new distraction. But I thought I would write a few lines for those I don't see there.  JP and I are well, the pack is minus one. our sweet Daisy died 2 days before her 16th birthday. We miss her so much and the pack seems so much smaller going from 6 to 5 you wouldn't think but you all know they are family member and we mourn the the same way.



You know, this is how we will remember her, playing the stick game with Charlie! Which, by the way, Scrappy has taken up that mantle and is his stick buddy or bully rather. Haha. He and that little jack Russell run all over their yard chasing sticks and squirrels they run into the trees.

God is so good to prepare us for life's moments. I am in a Bible study now of the book of Revelation and the week before we had to take Daisy in we studied in chapter 5 verse 13, there are every creature  praising God in the end,,,,on earth, under the earth and on the sea and the are all singing:
To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be
Praise and honor and glory and power forever and ever!!

Wow, that's gonna be something!  Doesn't that give you hope in these trying days?  Make sure, dear friend that you belong to Jesus. He died for you to be with him in that glorious moment. As always, blessings from the long lost holler.  Haha. I will try to do better 

3 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

So good to hear from the little dog shelter in the holler:) So sorry about sweet Daisy. We lost Phantom too this year - he was just about 16 1/2, and how we miss that boy!!!

Happy and Blessed New Year to all of you.

Woos - Ciara and Lightning

NanaNor's said...

New Years blessing to you! I'm so sorry about your losing Daisy, yes these fur babies get into our heart. As a believer,mi have always felt there was a place in glory for all those animals He created. I imagine Jesus has a special pet also. I'd love to be friends on FB-I'm Noreen Taylor in Colorado(there is another with the same name). I also go to a weekly bible study(Beth Moore). I've missed you and hope I can keep track of you on FB.
Hugs,
Noreen

Cindy said...

Hi, Mrs. JP! I quit my blog a while back (blueberry buckle way), but still check in on blogs that I enjoyed every few months. Yours is definitely one I always looked forward to.
I am so sorry about Daisy. I understand the love people have for their furry friends---the loss is really hard. I pray that Martin Luther and some other are right, that all things will be renewed---ALL things---and we will see our beloved pets in eternity.
Blessings to you and yours, and Happy New Year! Cindy