Friday, May 23, 2014

Chicken bake and happy Remembering weekend to you...

A few nights ago I made a dish that's been a staple in our house since I met JP.  He had a version of this dish at a friends house in college and then made it his own.  He actually cooked for himself in college, therefore, had many friends!  Oh, he still cooks for himself and me sometimes,,yall know that haha.  This recipe is so good, good for you and easy, that I had to share it.  Here goes:
Grease your baking pan with bacon grease or spray (whatever you choose)
chop up the vegetables you like and dump them in there.  We use onion (quartered), broccoli (tops and bottoms), potatoes, zucchini, and yellow squash.  Just use what you like and looks best at the store or out of your lovely garden!  I season this layer with Adobo (a mixture of garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper).  I also mix up my sauce which is olive oil - 1/4 c, red wine vinegar - 1/3 c, and Worcestershire sauce - 1/2 c or more taste it and see what you like.


The next layer is chicken seasoned with Adobo or you can use Montreal Chicken seasoning or salt and pepper work fine too.  This recipe is very forgiving and easy to make to your taste.  One thing we do is cut the breast in two pieces so it's all about the same size.  Then I cover this with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for about 50 min to 1 hr..until the potatoes are almost done.  Then I uncover it and bake it for about 20 more minutes to brown the chicken.


This is what it looks like after two hungry people have already helped their plates!  I was so hungry I forgot to take a picture when it first came out of the oven.  This recipe reheats well, and goes into lunch for a hubby well.  Enjoy!


Our deepest thanks and respect to all of our military family and friends.  Our respect and honor to those who have fought and served this country.  Blessings to you all from the holler...

5 comments:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Looks delicious as always!
Have a wonderful weekend!

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, This looks wonderful and I'm going to write it down and try it-maybe this weekend.
Have a great Memorial Day, so thankful to those who've given so much for all of us.
Hugs,
Noreen

The Life of Riley said...

Yum! I will have to try that sometime.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Your chicken dinner sounds wonderful and looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Happy weekend.

Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

Joy said...

That does look really good and I will try it. It looks like something a man would cook! Lol... It looks like something my husband would come up with... big chunks of stuff. Looks easy and I'm big on easy cooking. I have some chicken breasts, and we are now getting some things from the garden.