Monday, April 1, 2013

WE GOT SNOW...




These pictures are late.  The snow happened last week but, hey, a week late is really not bad for my track record.  Anyway, there was just a small percentage forecast (we usually believe it when we see it) so when I opened the door Monday (I think that's the day,,,like I say it was a week ago) and saw this little bit on the ground I knew the dogs would enjoy it very much.  They did!  Well, all except for Corrie and Violet, they don't "do" cold.  Oh, let me explain the picture above.  The five gallon bucket inverted above has an old plastic tray with a rock inside to hold it down.  That is our water bowl for the birds.  They really like hanging out in the forsythia and jumping down to get water there.  It's not pretty but it does work.  Pretty soon we'll have other flowers blooming but for now I love that explosion of yellow!  Okay, now back to the dogs at play in the snow.

Scrappy went hunting for mice along the fence line.  I know, ewwwww.


Speedbump just was enjoying the bliss of freezing cold wind and snow.  This is her kind of weather.  Fun fact,,,her face and butt are facing north--into the wind.


AND,,,last but not least,,it's not a day in the holler if we don't have "stick game."  This just happens to be a bonus "snowy stick game."


Daisy says,,,mom,,,Charlie won't share the stick!  He never, ever, ever shares the stick. 


Have a great week to you all.  Blessings to you all from the holler...

3 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Our snow has all disappeared, barely lasted a few days. But it is nice to see the grass getting greener and the buds on the trees. We love our snow but we will have to wait now until next winter for some more. We are so happy your pups got to enjoy it too.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Maxmom said...

Our weather has turned too - we are heading for winter. That means that very soon you will have evidence of an abundant Spring.
Love your water idea for the birds...and the pooches are looking well too.
Lots of love to you all,
MAXMOM IN SA

Paula said...

This weather sure has been crazy... we had two really hard frosts last weekend that killed a lot of our blooms. :(
I'm ready for warmer weather... but I'm sure I'll regret saying those words when July rolls around! *haha*
LOVE the look on Daisy's face... the "he took my toy away" look is always hilarious.
(BTW~ I'm tickled you are posting again... I've missed you guys!)