Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Springtime blessings...

I went outside today to enjoy our spring flowers. As I picked off the dead ones I was startled when.....Meoooowwww! Right in one of our Iris beds was laying Spaceghost, the cat, like he owns the place. So, that prompted the cutting of some flowers to make an arrangement. He'd already lain/laid (?) on them so I surely would not let these blooms be wasted. I usually put my bouquets on the kitchen counter since that's where I see them most but today I decided to grace our little "half moon" table.



See the blue picture above the table? We have a set of them. They are from JP's Granny's collection. This lady wrote the book on "eclectic." She and I had the same tastes though. She liked all kinds of different things and I am so happy that we have a few of her things. Each time I see the "cow creamer" or the "blue bird pictures" I think of her. It's because of one spoon rest that she gave us that I bought a whole collection of Blue Ridge Mountain Dishes to match!! She was a love.

Below is our granddaughter, honey girl. She is proudly wearing the "twirly skirt" I made for her out of my fabric stash.



Blessings to you all from the holler...

2 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

It must be so nice to be able to go outside and pick such pretty flowers. Mom says not much has a chance of lasting here with her canine gardeners (we aren't mentioning any names).

Sweet granddaughter and she looks very proud of her special skirt.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Maxmom said...

'Eclectic' is good...it's YOU.
You really do love your grandchildren - how lucky they are to have you.
Hope you are feeling a little better.
Please send my love to all in the Holler
MM in SA