Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Nothing like a new hairdo...

In the winter Speedbump's hair grows out really thick and long. That's why she looks forward to the snow and frigid temperatures--she is built for it.

But, in the summer I always give her a new "spring do" and she loves it. She lays there while I shear her and enjoys the attention. I have to stop a few times to let the shears cool off and she runs around barking at me and the rest of the pack. She really enjoys being able to get closer to the air vents. I put her hair in the garden tomato trellis to scare the rabbits away.

For some reason I can't take her picture without a German Shepherd or two crowding into the frame. Speedbump is all about staying cool!

Blessings from all of us in the holler...

7 comments:

Carmen S. said...

Speedbump looks cool and wonderful and I have to laugh every time I see that game of "stick", LOL, they truly must never tire of it:D

Cindy said...

Oh, she looks so happy to be free of all that hair! What a pretty girl---I want to reach out and give her a big hug (or scratch behind the ears). The minute I saw the German Shepherds with the stick I started laughing. I'm sure there is never a dull moment with the pack. Loved the pictures!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Bet Speedbump loves shedding all that excess fur. And Mom wants to know if that spreading of the furs really keeps the bunnies away - we hope she isn't thinking of giving us haircuts.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Vickie said...

Hey there! Good to hear from you! Sorry I've been gone for awhile - with the wedding... and thank you so much for your sweet words about the wedding and my dress. It was such a blessing to all of us and I'm just now coming down off my wedding "high"!

Speedbump does indeed look happy and cool after the haircut. My sis always does that to one of her big hairy dogs in the summer and he just goes nuts he's so happy! It's like they just wanna show off and frolic and act so silly! I always love seeing what your pups are up to! Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Paula said...

Speedbump is stylin'! I know she must love that summer "do". We are in the middle of giving the sheep their summer do's too... their wool sweaters are burning them up!

Lena said...

She looks so happy! And there is Charlie - and a stick! :-)
Hope you are having a wonderful early summer and that your garden is growing well.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Sierra Rose said...

Very cool new doo! Must feel great!

Sweet hugs,
Sierra Rose