Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pictures, pictures...

What do you do with your pictures?

When I have nothing to do (oh, sorry, I almost fell out of my chair laughing) I like to scrapbook. I need to carve out more time for this because we have so many pictures from before digital cameras that need to be preserved.

Small scrapbooks make great gifts! I made four books, one for each of my aunts and my mom of Grandma before she died and they cherish them. My grandson loves to get pictures of his time with us memorialized.


Currently, I'm working on a book to hold all of our pictures from when we were into whitewater paddling. When our son was about 8 or 9 we started canoeing and got the fever. JP paddled a canoe and son and I paddled kayaks.

JP on the Ocoee River, TN

Me on the Nantahala River, NC

Our son on the Cartecay River, GA

These pictures are so blurry but they deserve to be in a book where they won't yellow anymore than they already have.

See you never know what you'll find out about us. Recalling happy memories is so soothing. We pray that you all are doing well. Blessings from the holler to you...

5 comments:

The Life of Riley said...

Your kayaking and canoe pictures look fun, and it is so wonderful that you are putting your happy memories into a book for your family to treasure.

My photos live in a box, and for many years I've been thinking I should sort through them and put them into albums when I find that "spare time".

Cindy said...

I love the look created by scrapbooking. You are doing a great job! I've done a little bit of it, but not in years. Doing one for our grandson of time spent with us is a super idea! The rafting pictures are awesome! You and hubby are really "thrill seekers," ha! That water looks pretty scary in the one with your son. I also have a tip for those who need to pry old pictures out of those albums that have sticky pages with a clear sheet over it. An "offset" spatula works wonderfully! Get a small one (found in cooking stores)---they are used for frosting. The spatula is super thin and pliable, yet strong. Excellent for getting under the photos and getting them off of the sticky sheet without tearing the back of the photo off!
PS: link for Blueberry Lemon bread is now on the page.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

That looks like a fun trip - a bit more on the wild side than the Momster would ever try:) And yes, she totally understands why you fell off your chair - same thing would happen here.

You are right, Ciara's nose is brown, sort of a pinkish brown:)

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Lena said...

You have more patience than I do, Mrs. JP! I love making cards and rubberstamping, but I do not scrapbook...I love making digital photobooks though! :-)
Oh - and I use to compete in white water kayaking when I lived in Sweden! What a coincidence! Love the pictures! :-)
Have a wonderful weekend! Thank you for your kind words on my Kane blog - we will just train more and make it happen!!!

Paula said...

Wow!! Look at you guys riding the rapids! You are a brave soul~ I love the water but I don't know if I would have the... ummm... "kahunas" to do that!
I need to organize my old pictures too... it's one of those rainy day projects I never seem to get around too... *sigh*..