Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Let's get in the mood, shall we?...

This was sent to me in an e-mail and I just had to share. Enjoy!

A Nativity scene was built in a church yard.

During the night the people came across this scene.

The abandoned dog was looking for a comfortable, protected place to sleep. He chose baby Jesus cradle as his comfort. No one had the heart to send him away so he stayed there all night.

We should all have the good sense of this dog and curl up in Jesus' lap for comfort in this weary world.

Okay, that was the e-mail. Nice, warm fuzzy thoughts. I wouldn't have left the dog out all night but that's probably why we have six!! In my imagination, someone took him home and he's living happily ever after. I hope that in this month you will relax and not let the busyness of the time distract you from the really important things. As always, blessings to you all from the holler.

6 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We bet the real Baby Jesus would have welcomed that pup with open arms too:)

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Maxmom said...

I've been catching up on my reading on 'Google reader' but I just HAD to pop by and tell you what a beautiful picture that is...how utterly beautiful!
Lotsaluv
MAXMOM IN SA

Paula said...

Well, that is one smart puppy... a lot smarter than most people! At least he knows where to go for comfort- that's more than I can say about most.
Blessings to you, dear friend- hope you all have dried out by now in your neck of the woods and are staying warm!

Cindy said...

That is such a great picture, in more ways than one! Thanks for sharing. I, too, hope the dog is safe and warm somewhere.

MySpecialDoggies said...

I'm sure there's a space in Jesus' arms for all of our K9 friends.

Woofs
Nadine & Neeli
Angel doggie Apples (1994-2010)

Sierra Rose said...

Aw...that is so so sweet :) Yes...let us all take it down a few notches...breathe, remember, be thankful.
Blessings.

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose