Tuesday, August 14, 2018

I rarely journal anymore,

Yesterday as I drove home from my shopping I heard this pastor talk on the radio about a couple of verses, so I decided to look them up this morning for my readings. Wow, what a blessing.
I read John 15:4-5 where Jesus says “ I am the Vine & you and the branches; he who abides in me bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.”   I think that’s nothing of eternal value.
However, in Philippians 4 Paul is basically giving the recipe for life which I encourage you to read but for this subject I looked at verse 13  He was talking about how he could be content in any situation. I challenge you to look up some of his “ situations “. But, he said in vs 13  “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me” I.e. All things can be done by me But only thru my Lord’s strength in me! And vs. 19 says “ God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

I know these facts to be true. I’ve seen God supply my needs. I’ve looked back and things have been done not by my puny strength but God’s.
So, how long will I remember these things so necessary for a fruitful and peaceful life?  Surely this will drive me to pray more to Him who is gracious and wants to hear my prayers. Prayer is my link to my gracious Heavenly Father who delights to hear from me. I will close with my new favorite quote.

Thou art coming to a King, large petitions with thee bring, for His grace and power are such none can ever ask too much.
John Newton ( author of Amazing Grace)

As always, blessings from the holler...

No comments: