Of course, what goes better with fresh bread than soup? So, he decided to make our gazpacho recipe to go with the fresh baked goodness. This soup is cool and refreshing with a little kick (you control the kick.)
Southern Gazpacho **he only made half of this recipe for just us and we still have leftovers**
2 lbs. ripe tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped
2 cups V-8 juice
3 red bell peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
2 cucumbers, seeded and coarsely chopped
2 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
1 cup coarsely chopped Vidalia onion
1 carrot, coarsely chopped
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1 ¼ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon black pepper
Salt to taste
Sour cream and cucumber slices, for garnish
1. Place all the ingredients except the salt and garnish in the food processor fitted with the metal chopping blade (you can use your blender and process in batches.)
2. Process until everything is blended together.
3. Taste and check seasoning, adding salt if needed.
4. Serve in chilled bowls garnished with sour cream and cucumber slices.
5. Store leftovers in airtight container in the refrigerator. This will keep for 3-5 days.
We hope that you have a wonderful weekend. We are celebrating Memorial day weekend so we'll be keeping in mind all the men and women who have served our country in the armed forces. We are especially grateful to those who gave their lives for our liberties and to their families for the sacrifice they made as well. May God richly bless you and yours.
Okay, I'm off to clean the kitchen!!! :)